The first written mention of the village is from the year 1487 under the name Bezstrebe, but the area was inhabited much earlier. Archaeologists have uncovered a settlement of the Lusatian culture from the early Bronze Age and Hallstatt period.
The most important monuments include the village church built in 1370 on the spot and pagan shrine dedicated to Archangel Michael.
Above the village off special-shaped hill horseback called Jastrabské rock. When viewed from the village nevyniká nothing special, but from the opposite side forms the most important landmark of craggy Kremnicke.